Run Club will be back Spring 2018!
Check back for updates!
Learn to run your first 5k in 6 weeks
without losing your sanity or ignoring your kids!
Even if it’s been years since you’ve poured your mom-bod into a sports bra.
Even if you have very little time to dedicate to training.
Even if you’ve started similar programs in the past and quit.
Even if the idea of running for more than 30 seconds make you want to puke.
MomLife Run Club is a 6 week program for totally new runners
(or those who haven’t run since “Friends” was on TV).
- Each week, you’ll receive a new running workout which is divided into running and walking intervals. (Example: run 1 minute/walk 1 minute for a total of 30 minutes).
- You’ll do the same running workout three times per week.
- Each running workout is about 30 minutes long.
- Over the course of the 6 weeks, we will build up to running the entire distance without walking.
- You’ll also receive a strength workout and stretching instructions to complement your running and prevent injury.
- We will meet one day a week (day and times listed below) for a group run. You will complete the other two runs on your own according to your schedule.
Here’s what you’ll get when you join MomLife Run Club
- Access to the MomLife Run Club Member Page where weekly workouts will be listed and the strength workout, form instruction and stretching videos will be posted. You’ll have lifetime access to this site so if you decide to go at a different pace, or if you want to do the program again down the road, you’ll have everything you need at your fingertips.
- Access to the private MomLife Run Club Facebook Group where you can ask questions, get advice, check in for accountability, get encouragement when it’s a not so great day (and those do happen – not gonna lie!)
- You will receive meet up information from me when you register.
- A huge sense of accomplishment!
Read what other moms have to say about Run Club…
“I was a beginning runner, practically a non-runner, in the Fall of 2014. I joined Rachel’s running group and fell in love with running. Rachel’s coaching style is encouraging and supportive. She allows you to go at your own pace, while also pushing you to improve. We started gradually and built up our endurance together as a group. By the end of 6 weeks, we could all comfortably run a 5K. I couldn’t believe it! Because she’s a personal trainer and a wellness coach, Rachel is full of helpful tips about other factors that affect running performance, such as stretching, nutrition, even sleep habits. She’s also a mom and has many strategies for how to get our “homework” runs in around a crazy schedule! I had such a great experience that I signed up for another 5K group with Rachel in the Summer of 2016, and I’m planning to do yet another one this Spring! I credit Rachel with my newfound love for running and I’d highly recommend the program for anyone who is just starting out, or anyone who wants to run with a fun, supportive group!”
Why should I join this group when there are free training programs out there?
There are many great free programs available. How many times have you printed something you found online and carried it through to the end? How many times have you printed something and then lost interest or gotten discouraged because a few days didn’t go so well? Sometimes it works and sometimes it deosn’t. It’s just life and stuff happens.
Here is what I love about THIS program and why I think it’s worth a few extra bucks:
- It’s a program specifically designed for moms
- It’s a community of like minded people working towards a common goal
- You get direct support from a personal trainer/wellness coach/”been there, done that” mom
- You’re provided with additional workouts to complement your running workout. This is IMPORTANT because it prevents injuries that tend to keep new runners from becoming seasoned runners.
- There is instruction on form and breathing. Also important for the same reason mentioned above
- It really is more fun to do this with a group of people who are all in the same boat.
Who is this program for?
The program is designed for new runners. Either those who have never run or who haven’t run in a long time and need a refresher. It is designed for people who are healthy enough to exercise. If you are not sure if this program is appropriate for you, please consult your doctor.
Why should I invest in this program now?
Because I said so. Just kidding.
Because really, why not now? What are you waiting for? Life will never be perfect. The routine will never be just right. So if you’re waiting for the perfect timing, it won’t happen. If you want this, try it! Remember, you get access to the workouts forever so if, you need to pause, you can always go back to it.
Can my kids do this program with me?
Depends on the kid! The program is appropriate any ages as long as they’re willing to stick with it. Younger kids can ride in a jogging stroller (and you get extra points for pushing and running at the same time!) Older kids run along with you. Here’s the sticky point though: if you are doing this program because YOU want to learn to run a 5K, it’s possible for your kids to distract you if they are running with you. If they want to stop when you have 15 minutes left to go, what are you gonna do? It’s up to you, but just something to consider!
What if I am too slow?
There’s no such thing as “too slow”. Your pace is your pace. And it’s really important to find your own pace. Sometimes trying to keep up with others is what turns people off from running to start with. Be you.
I haven't exercised in a LONG time, am I too out of shape to start running?
This is something that is up to you and your doctor. I am not a medical professional and I don’t give medical advice. Always ask your doctor first. If live a sedentary lifestyle, I would start with walking first. If you can walk for 20-30 minutes and feel pretty good, this program is a good match. But, please, if you are unsure definitely check with your doctor first!
What if I look like an idiot?
You won’t. That’s the end of it. Nobody is looking at you. They are worried about themselves. You’re doing something for yourself and you look great.
Oh hi, I’m Rachel.
Have we met yet? You can click here and read more about me, if you’d like.
This program is special to me because I was never “a runner”. When I first started getting into fitness after I had my second son, I heard some other moms talking about running a 5k and I was super impressed because I was firmly in the “I can’t do that” camp.
Why? Oh, so many reasons. It looks hard, I’ll have to pee, I have bad ankles, I have bad knees, I won’t be able to breathe, I need to lose weight first, I can’t, I can’t…
The point is, I gave it a shot (after much, MUCH coaxing and addressing every one of those “can’t”s in detail) and now, several years down the road, running is my “me time” and I look forward to it. This picture is from my second Half Marathon. (No, I did not smile through the whole thing. I was happy because I was almost done!)
You can do this. If you have always wanted to try running but didn’t know where to start, this is where to start!
(Oh, and by the way, I’m a Wellness Coach, ACSM Certified Personal Trainer and fellow mom here to help you build confidence, stamina, and community. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Have another question that isn’t listed here?
Email me at email@example.com with your questions or concerns.
Please note that all materials and programs are for educational purposes only. These materials and programs do not constitute therapy and they are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure a medical or emotional condition nor are they a substitute for professional medical advice.