Who doesn’t wish there were more hours in a day? One of my time-inventing hacks is to do as much as possible ahead of time, especially when it comes to food prep. Nothing raises my blood pressure – and my crazy level – like trying to get dinner made with a whining 3 year old at my feet and his two older brothers engaging in all sorts of homework drama while I stare at the clock and know we only have 30 minutes til we have to leave for baseball practice.
For those moments where EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMETHING the last thing I want to do is try to measure ingredients and read a recipe. Prepping ahead has been a sanity saver.
Here are a few of my favorites….
- Sausage and Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole from Plaid and Paleo. I love to make this on a Sunday and have it for breakfast all week. Great way to start the day with protein and veggies without a whole bunch of work.
- Ham and Egg Cups from Delish. A big favorite of the Rader boys! They keep in the fridge for a few days as an easy breakfast or snack.
- Overnight Oats. So ridiculously easy and tastes almost dessert-like at breakfast!
- Minimalist Roast Chicken from Nourished Kitchen. My kids call this “happy chicken”. Another one that is crazy easy. It does take about 3 hours to roast so keep that in mind. I like to make this on a weekend and use the chicken in salads or sandwiches during the week.
- Black Bean and Vegetable Soup from skinnyms.com! I am not even a soup person and I love this one. It makes a TON and freezes well. I make it on the stovetop (you can also use a crockpot). I freeze it in small containers so I can defrost a cup or two at a time for a yummy lunch. AND if you’re looking for more fat-burning soup options, check out 10 Fat Burning Soup Recipes from my friends at Positive Health Wellness!
Do you have a make-ahead recipe that you love? Share below!